Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 31, 2013

    Simple Mille Feuille - Best Dessert for Kids

    This is probably the easiest and most successful dessert, that I have made for the Grandchildren.

    They just love it and seriously, it is so, so simple
    Loosely based on the Famous Mille Feuille Recipe
    I am not going to give exact quantities, I think you can decide how much of everything you need yourself
    For instance 1 sheet makes 3 Milles Feuilles

    I use Raspberry Jam usually but if you want to make it more adult.
    try fresh berries, marinated in some sugar and maybe some raspberry liqueur
    In fact I used Fresh berries in the dessert pictured

    Take a packet of rolled out Frozen Flaky Puff Pastry
    1 egg beaten with a tablespoon of water
    Some White Sugar

    Raspberry Jam
    Cream whipped with a little sugar and some vanilla extract


    Pre-heat oven to 200C


    Cut the sheet of pastry into rectangles
    Prick to stop excess rising
    Brush with beaten egg


    Sprinkle Liberally with Sugar
    Bake till golden and crisp
    About 10-15 minutes

    Cool on a rack

    To assemble
    Put one rectangle on the bottom
    Press down lightly to flatten
    Spread with raspberry Jam
    Cover with whipped cream

    Place another on top

    Not only great for kids, I can own up to loving it myself

    No comments: