Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 04, 2016

    White Chocolate, Craisin and Lemon Muffins - Perfect for The Lunch Box

    I had some Buttermilk in the fridge.
    I had bought it for another recipe, 
    It was part of the delicious dressing for The Indonesian Chicken Salad
    A wonderful  dish click here
    I only used a small amount and there it was sitting in the fridge, doing nothing
    There has to be something interesting
    I subscribe to the Good to Know Website and I found this recipe
    It called for blueberries, I replaced them with Craisins
    This proved to be very popular with the kids and the whole dozen went in one sitting
    150g caster sugar    
    250g self-raising flour
    1tsp baking powder
    100g butter, melted
    1 medium egg, beaten
    284 ml buttermilk
    1tsp vanilla
     Zest and juice 1 lemon
     200g white chocolate, chopped
     180g Craisins

    Heat the oven to 180C fan
    Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
    Mix together the caster sugar, flour and baking powder, 
    then pour in the butter, egg, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon zest and juice. 
    Mix well, then fold in the chocolate and the Craisins
    Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin
    Bake for around 20-25 mins,
    until golden and springy.


    No comments: