Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 23, 2016

    Don't waste Food - Make something for your freezer. Egg, Cheese and Ham in a Tasty Sauce

    I'm about to go away for a few days. I went to clean out my fridge. There were so many bits and pieces tucked away in there
    Spring onions, red and green pepper, celery in the Vege bin
    Some shaved champagne ham, 3 eggs, milk just on it's last legs, and some chunks of old cheese
    A few cherry tomatoes

    Surely I can do something with this.

    Yes I can!
    Here is the finished dish ready to go into the freezer, for a meal when I get home
    I will either cook up some yummy mashed potatoes and smother the sauce with them
    Or Might just cover it with a Golden Puff Pastry Lid
    Going to be tasty, no matter what
    To fill this plastic container
    I used
    75 gms butter
    75 gms Flour
    450 mls of milk

    salt and pepper

    1 small green pepper chopped
    1/4 red pepper chopped
    3 spring onions chopped
    2 sticks celery chopped
    6 cherry tomatoes cut in half

    Handful of shaved ham chopped
    2 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
    1/2 cup of chopped leftover cheese

    Over medium heat, melt butter
    Add chopped vege
    Season with Sea salt and Ground Black pepper
    saute about 3-4 mins till tender

    Add flour
    Stir well
    Cook for about 2-3 minutes to get the rawness out of the flour
    Add the milk
    Keep stirring till sauce is thickened
    Let cook again,
    You may need to add more milk, don't want it too gluggy
    Add the protein
    Gently fold in, then I plonked it into a plastic container, and it is now in the freezer
    Yumo




    No comments: