Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 30, 2012

    A Twist on The Best Cheese Scones Ever - Perfect for Lunch


    I have just made, the tastiest scones, using the recipe that I have posted before.

    Thanks once again, to my friend Elpie, for giving me this recipe
    It is worth a re-post
    So so easy and quick. Perfect for lunch.
    I added red capsicum and spring onions both finely chopped for some extra flavour

    This recipe makes 4 scones. I like to make the dough fairly wet.
    Like bread scones really don't their dough being too dry.

    Heat oven to 220C

    While the oven is heating up
    Sift together into a bowl
    1 cup plain flour
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    Good pinch salt
    Add 1/2 tablespoon sugar
    1 cup grated cheese, I used Mozzarella this time
    1/2 red capsicum finely chopped
    1 spring onion finely chopped
    Grind black pepper

    1/2 cup milk

    With your fingers mix all of the dry ingredients together
    Add milk

    Mix with a knife till just blended
    If the mixture is too dry add a little more milk
    This should be the right amount (depends on the weather, flour etc)

    Turn out onto a board and knead two or three times,
    just to make sure they are well blended

    Pat with floured hands onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper
    Cut into 4 pieces

    Bake in pre-heated oven for 8 minutes
    turn the tray around and bake for about 3 more minutes
    We had them with Egg Mayonnaise, topped with some fresh tomato





    No comments: