Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 30, 2012

    The Best Easy Cheesey Scones


    My friend Elpie gave me this recipe last night, while we were having drinks...it is so simple I even remembered it this morning, without even writing it down.
    You can whip these up in 20 minutes.
    She has kindly let me share this, with you all.
    When I tasted them this morning, with my coffee. It immediately brought back memories of when I was a little girl. I could swear this is how the old lady next door made her scones.
    The smell, the texture, images flooded into my mind, my mouth was watering.
    The longest part of making these scones, is actually waiting for the oven to heat up to 230C.
    No rubbing in of butter, just toss the ingredients together, pat into shape and cook.
    Just an addition to the recipe, I have just made them with a 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp of Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder, great extra flavour

    So Pre-heat oven to 230C

    1 cup of plain high grade flour
    2 1/2  teaspoons of baking powder
    Pinch of salt
    Good pinch of Cayenne Pepper
    1 cup grated tasty cheese
    1/2 cup milk


    Sift the dry ingredient into a big bowl
    Add cheese, stir
    Add milk
    Quickly mix and turn onto lightly floured bench
    Pat into a circle
    Cut into wedges
    Place on a lined baking sheet (you could just flour it if you wish)
    Bake for 8-10 minutes
    Remove
    Break open and put a nice pat of butter on top
    Fabtastic

    No comments: